This month’s employee spotlight features Julie Boyle from The Hearth at Tudor Gardens in Zionsville, Indiana. Julie has been employed with The Hearth since January of 2010 and is the Business Office Manager. Her day to day tasks include but are not limited to administering human resources, weekly payroll, resident billing and accounting processes within the office. Julie strives to provide the best quality services to the staff and residents at The Hearth at Tudor Gardens.
Julie was raised in Ames, Iowa. She attended college at the University of Iowa (Go Hawkeyes!) in Iowa City where she met her college sweetheart, Craig. They married in 1979 and moved to Zionsville, Indiana 30 years ago. They have 2 daughters, Stephanie (Brian) and Michelle (Tyler). They also have 2 adorable grandkids, Mason and Harper. Julie loves to ballroom dance with her husband and is an avid game player, from cards to board games. She is an active member of her church and also loves to golf and bowl when she has time. She and her husband are also directors for an annual 3-day youth retreat called The Awakening.
Julie joined the Hearth at Tudor Gardens before the community opened 7 years ago. She was one of the first team members that helped welcome the very first residents into the community. Part of what attracted her to the Hearth was the opportunity to help residents and families transition into a senior living community. Her mother was in a community in Iowa and she was not able to be there during the transition so she thought she could help others here. One of her favorite aspects about The Hearth is that she gets to make a difference in people’s lives each day whether it’s an employee, resident, or family member. Since working for The Hearth, she has gotten the opportunity to work with a diverse group of people and gain experience from each of them. She also has been able to be a mentor to others and share wisdom with those that are just starting out in their careers in senior living.
We took some time to ask Julie some fun get to know you questions.
- What is one thing you could not live without?
- “I could not live without my grandchildren. I was never in a hurry for my daughters to have kids but now that they have, I can’t imagine my life without them! They bring so much joy and laughter to our lives.”
- What is one thing you look forward to during the week?
- “If anybody knows Craig and I, they know that Tuesday nights are our favorite. We skip the traditional dinner and instead go for popcorn with a side dish of peanut M&M’s while catching up on our recorded shows!”
- What is a personal motto, mantra, phrase, verse that defines your life?
- “I would say my favorite bible verse, Philippians 4:13 – I can do this through him who gives me strength. (NIV)”
- What is your favorite vacation spot?
- “I can’t pick one because I love the mountains and the beach! My ideal dream vacation would be Colorado mountains mixed with St. Maarten beach.”
- Tell us three interesting facts that most people don’t know about you.
- “I took ballet for 14 years – started at age 4 all the way through high school.”
- “In 1999, I took a 2 week history study trip to Israel where I snorkeled in the Red Sea and rode camels in Egypt.”
- “I have been to 32 of the 50 states. If I could go tomorrow, I would finish out the map and travel to the last 18 states.”
Interested in reading more articles like this? Make sure to click the “Follow” button on the right hand side to stay up to date with us!